Hopefully I am the only one that has not finished this book. Please,please tell me that I did not spend $9.99 on what is reading (so far) as a very uninteresting blog. My kindle tells me that I am only 12% through this book and if it doesn't get much better soon i am going to regret not spending that 10 bucks on anti wrinkle cream.
Rita, I have 3 or 4 chapters left and the only reason I keep reading is for closure. Beyond the craziness of the state of her marriage and it's downward spiral (which makes me feel sorry for her more than anything) I'm pretty uninterested.
I'm now halfway through and I admit it is getting a little better. I guess I had to get any preconceived notions out between chapters three and four. I am used to reading fiction where there is a definitive beginning, middle, and end.
That being said this book is the first where I have actually userd my highlighting and note function.
I hate that you guys didn't like it :-( I'm a sucker for memoir, I guess. I really enjoyed reading about her faith journey and her Mennonite upbringing. I did find many parts of her story sad and I wondered how her family felt about her depictions of them...
To echo Rita, when do we discuss? And, what are we reading next?
I admit, after I got over myself I started to enjoy her reflections. I'm not saying that I loved it, but it wasnt nearly so bad as I made it out to be.
Don't feel bad, Mandy. I'm 99.9% positive that any book I choose will probably be the downfall of this club. I love too many books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and William Somerset Maugham.
14 comments:
My email is ritacbird@yahoo.com.
I want to join! I've already started the book, so don't tell me I'll have to be vetted first.
I hope I'll be finished then. I'm only on chapter 5.
wait. I thought book clubs were about not reading the book and drinking lots of wine. I feel cheated.
I'm a slacker. I cannot believe I haven't even gotten the book yet....
I vote for the wine too, CAR.
Wine?!?!? Where? ;-)
Hopefully I am the only one that has not finished this book. Please,please tell me that I did not spend $9.99 on what is reading (so far) as a very uninteresting blog. My kindle tells me that I am only 12% through this book and if it doesn't get much better soon i am going to regret not spending that 10 bucks on anti wrinkle cream.
Rita, I have 3 or 4 chapters left and the only reason I keep reading is for closure. Beyond the craziness of the state of her marriage and it's downward spiral (which makes me feel sorry for her more than anything) I'm pretty uninterested.
In a spiteful sort of way I'm glad I'm not the only one not loving it.
I'm now halfway through and I admit it is getting a little better. I guess I had to get any preconceived notions out between chapters three and four. I am used to reading fiction where there is a definitive beginning, middle, and end.
That being said this book is the first where I have actually userd my highlighting and note function.
Ladies, I'll be ready.
So..... I think I'm the only one obsessing now. When are we going to discuss?
I hate that you guys didn't like it :-( I'm a sucker for memoir, I guess. I really enjoyed reading about her faith journey and her Mennonite upbringing. I did find many parts of her story sad and I wondered how her family felt about her depictions of them...
To echo Rita, when do we discuss? And, what are we reading next?
I admit, after I got over myself I started to enjoy her reflections. I'm not saying that I loved it, but it wasnt nearly so bad as I made it out to be.
Don't feel bad, Mandy. I'm 99.9% positive that any book I choose will probably be the downfall of this club. I love too many books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and William Somerset Maugham.
Post a Comment